Tuesday 26 November 2013

Video: Kanye West Goes Off On Designer Heidi Slimane And Nike.

Kanye West Wears Custom Maison Martin Margiela for Yeezus Tour 1
The rapper shed some more light on his falling out with Hedi Slimane during his show at Madison Square Garden.


 “Now I know y’all don’t know who the fuck Hedi Slimane is, but let me explain to you who he is,” he told a captivated crowd. ”He was once a friend of mine…And I used to wear his tight ass jeans when I was on tour and get called names for it… [He was] somebody who actually had a vision and was not put in a position of power. Cuz I’m telling you, my friend, they be sellin’ you bullshit. And Hedi Slimane was a guy who didn’t serve no bullshit…But a God to recognize another God. But a God needs to recognize another God. So when he told me you can come to my show, but you can’t come to see Phoebe and you can’t come to see Riccardo, that was odd. He tried to control me! He tried to tell me where I could go!” Oh “God,” how many egos exactly are involved in this whole tiff? As for his buzzed about Nike Red Octobers (which have yet to drop,) Yeezy claims the brand pushed back the launch date of his latest kicks: “And with Nike, last conversation I had with them, I said, ‘Well, it’s November now, when are the Red Octobers coming out?’ and he said, ‘We’re not sure.’ Then I talked to my man…and he said, ‘Nike pressuring you. If you want the Red Octobers, you gotta take all these trash ass shoes! Nike’s pressuring you.’ Trying to get leverage on some shit that I made.” I was wondering when those were coming out, too. Life for a creative genius ain’t easy! (Global Grind)

No comments:

Post a Comment