Tuesday 23 September 2014

Reader Mail: How Do I Style Purple Hair?


justine skye kylie jenner birthday party
” I’m emailing in hopes that you can help me figure out my fall/winter wardrobe. I don’t want to rely on black in order to pull off my new hair. Please help me construct a new wardrobe to embrace and complement my purple hair.”



purple hair 2
Alright! Consulting the color wheel, it seems as if you could benefit from lots of luxurious fall colors, including olive green (cue the military trend), orangey reds, and blue violets (in addition to your go to neutrals like brown, white, and black).
Take a look at how a few starlets pulled off the purple hair look:
purple hair nicole-richie-aol-newfront-original-programming-new-york-america-april-2014

azealia-banks-j-w-anderson-spring-2013-fashion-show-london-alexander-wang-paprika-sleeveless-dress
2014 Young Hollywood Awards Brought To You By Samsung Galaxy - Show
nicole-richie-lucky-fabb-day-1-givenchy-blazer-j-brand-pants-christian-louboutin-pumps
purple hair Katy+Perry+Katy+Perry+Goes+Purple+HhQC-XcE5HGx
16th Annual Young Hollywood Awards - Arrivals
Nicole Richie Licensing Expo 1
Though it seems most celebs kept it simple with their color palette, you can jazz up your fall/winter wardrobe with an assortment of colorful and more basic pieces:

Do you guys have anything to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment