Friday 31 July 2015

Zoe Saldana Flaunts Killer Abs, Post-Baby Weight Loss in Gym Selfie: ''It's Been Difficult but so Rewarding''

Zoe Saldana
Zoe Saldana Mark Davis/Getty Images for NCLR; Facebook
 Zoe Saldana is one hot mama.  
 The 37-year-old actress, who gave birth to twin boys in December 2014 and gained an estimated 70 pounds while pregnant, took to Facebook on Wednesday to flaunt her post-baby weight loss—and the proud mama is looking fab! "Almost there! It's been difficult but so rewarding. I feel strong. All it takes is determination! Mommies we can all do it, damn it!!!" the Guardians the Galaxy star captioned the pic in which she's showing off her toned abs and skinny frame.
Saldana, who is married to Marco Perego, 36, hasn't been shy about documenting her slim-down progress. She regularly writes on Facebook, encouraging other moms to get fit in addition to revealing her tips and tricks.

"Also, mommies, don't beat yourselves if you fall off the wagon and eat like teenagers..." the Avatar star wrote in late April. "This is for life and not a temporary fix. So why am I going to add more stress to my life by putting a deadline on my healthy lifestyle...don't make this a comeback. Make it for life."

She's also said the process has been "painful," but recognizes the importance.
"Your body changes dramatically, inside and out. You grow in places you never knew you could, and you are tired beyond belief..." she wrote in another post that same month. "Everything from my thyroid to my platelets crashed...my body was really bent out of shape after the boys were born. Bouncing back feels impossible, but I know it is important as a woman, and now a mommy, to not give up." 

Zoe Saldana
Zoe Saldana Mark Davis/Getty Images for NCLR; Facebook
As for how she shed the post-baby lbs.?
In addition to getting creative with her workouts, the mother of two worked with longtime trainer Steve Moyer and focused on interval training.
"Every week I'm challenging myself 10-15% more than the week before. Faster pace, higher incline, more reps…that's what training is all about: pushing yourself to do a little bit more," she explained in video post
Most recently, Saldana told E! News that she has learned to accept the changes in her figure.
"I've gone through a lot with it [my body] and I'm just embracing the place where I'm at," she said last month at the junket for her forthcoming film Infinitely Polar Bear. "And I can't just embrace the good things about it. You know, it's not great."
"But when I was superfit I was missing something important in my life," she continued, "Which is my partner and motherhood. And now that I have it, I don't want to take it back so I'm willing to accept everything as it is." 

No comments:

Post a Comment