Wednesday 27 July 2016

Jennifer Lopez and Giuseppe Zanotti to Launch GiuseppexJennifer Capsule Collection in January

lopez-giuseppe-01After his head-turning collaboration with Rihanna (which is still available for purchase by the way), Giuseppe Zanotti has set his sights on a new star to make shoe magic with—none other than the inimitable Jennifer Lopez:
“I’m very proud of the businesses I’ve built,” Lopez told WWD. “They’ve allowed me to bring really great product at an accessible price point. But I hadn’t done a high-end project yet and this seemed like the right time, medium and designer. I’ve always been passionate about shoes. Sometimes I even choose an outfit around my shoes.”

lopez-giuseppe-03
J.Lo and Zanotti officially met last year in LA, to collaborate on some custom designs. They then decided on a full-fledged collection, which was influenced by a slew of inspiration photos the superstar passed on to the designer, as well as a lot of prototypes that he had shipped in from Milan.
lopez-giuseppe-05
A nude, pointed-toe pump with ankle ties and cutout detailing, a simple suede platform sandal, and the brand’s iconic wedge sneaker (and a personal favorite of Lopez’s) are all reported to be in the mix. “She gives me suggestions and I give her advice and both of us, we are open to learn,” said Zanotti of working with the icon. “Every time I work with a star I learn a lot. Also, I teach a lot because I’m a shoemaker, a designer. I’m born with a pencil in my hand. For old teenagers like me it’s good to learn.”
lopez-giuseppe-06
J.Lo is a huge fan of Zanotti’s work and feels a kind of loyalty to his brand. “It’s impossible not to feel like a more confident, sexier version of yourself when you’re wearing a pair of Zanottis. The shoes are so in line with my personal style, it felt easy and natural.”
Jennifer Lopez's American Idol Valentino Bodysuit and Tulle Skirt, and Giuseppe Zanotti Sandals
And this is definitely different from the other celebrity collections the brand has done in the past. “I need to create something not only for red carpet or couture but something for reality,” said Giuseppe. “We have probably 18 styles at the moment. It’s a small universe.”
Giuseppe+Zanotti+Giuseppe+Zanotti+Design+Presentation
We’ll get our first look at the assortment next week thankfully, at the Footwear Fashion Association of New York. But we’ll have to wait a bit longer to actually squeeze our toes in the stunners—January to be exact at not only Giuseppe Zanotti boutiques, but Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom as well.
lopez-giuseppe-04
And guess what? Two handbag styles are included! Price points are in line with Zanotti’s current luxurious wares, coming in at $795 to $1,995.
lopez-giuseppe-02
And there are already rumblings of continuing this collaboration past the initial launch in January, according to Lopez. “Given it’s the right timing, I’m absolutely interested in continuing this collaboration and working on similar ones. An opportunity to work with some of the most celebrated designers in the industry is something I likely wouldn’t want to pass up.”
1 Jennifer Lopez Wears August Getty Spring 2016 Chocolate Brown Leather Dress and Giuseppe Zanotti Sandals to American Idol LA Auditions
We cannot wait to see what they’re cooking up!
Giuseppe+Zanotti+T+Limited+Celebrates+25th
Thoughts on the news?
Spied @ WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment