Wednesday, 17 May 2017
7 Questions With Stylist June Ambrose
As a celebrity stylist, when your roster of handsome A-list clients includes Jay Z, Justin Timberlake, P.Diddy, and Pharrell Williams, chances are, you know a thing or two about fashion. Meet June Ambrose, the go-to stylist for music’s biggest names, and a fashion icon in her own right. With a sunglass collaboration to boot, June has proven that she’s more than just a sartorial expert, she’s also a trendsetter.
Sources caught up with the fashionable phenom to discuss style icons, beauty splurges, and makeup must-haves.
1. You’re asked to host a dinner for 3 of your fashion icons: Where does this stylish soiree take place and who do you invite and why?
Palace of Versailles and I would invite Diana Ross, Jackie Onasis, and Grace Joans. All three of these ladies have extremely different styles, but what they do have in common is a bold and classy sense of style. Their idea of glamour is eccentric, dazzling, and sophisticated.
2. Every girl has a bad hair day: What’s your “save-the-day” hair product?
Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream.
3. Hair salon or nail salon: Which visit or service is your can’t-live-without beauty splurge and who takes care of you like no other?
Hairstylist Gabrielle Corney. I get a luxurious deep conditioning treatment for my tresses that I can’t live without. When I can’t make it to the salon, my at-home go-to is Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner.
4. Fill in the blanks: “Growing up, I was so __over-the-top__ because I constantly wore __big glasses like an Old Hollywood movie star__.
5. If you could raid anyone’s closet (living or dead), who would it be and why?
Iris Arpel, she has the most enormous accessory collection and curated prints filled with character and punctuation.
6. Beach or mountains, and what are the three essentials that you pack for this getaway?
Beach. I’d bring a Camilla Kaftan, my June Ambrose Frames, and Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Broad Spectrum SPF 50.
7. If you were on your way to a gala and someone stole your entire makeup bag, what product would you scramble to purchase, regardless of country or time of day and why?
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl because it also doubles as a lipstick. Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Caramel because eyebrows create the perfect frame for your face. Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara for luscious lashes that last all night long. Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #9 and #10 for the most luxuriously natural skin. Nars Orgasm Blush for high cheekbones that shine. Tom Ford Foundation Stick in Chestnut for the most natural contour.